- McLean Santoro Lawyers intends to protect your privacy. We maintain a safe and secure system of storing your personal individual information. We ensure that your personal information is handled in strict compliance with the Commonwealth Government’s National Privacy Principles. Further information on Australian Privacy laws is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- This policy sets out the principles we use in order to protect your personal information. These principles deal generally with our collection, use and disclosure of, and your access to information we may have recorded about you.
- Any changes to this policy will be contained on our website.
- Collection of your information;
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to conduct your matter. The information we collect depends upon the nature of your matter. We will normally collect directly from you any information we have about you.
- Use and disclosure of your information;
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it. Unless we have first obtained your consent, these reasons and the parties to whom we might disclose it will be apparent to you when we collect your information and our use and disclosure of that information will relate to the conduct of your matter.
- Data quality and security;
We will take all reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
- Destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
- Access to and correction of your information;
If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you or if you believe any information we have about you requires correction, please contact us by phone or email